Here you have an email from your friend Joanna. Turn it in next Monday:
An e-mail has to be friendly and personal. But you need to organize your ideas and use some special phrases.
Make sure you use some of these:
GREETING: greet the other person
• Hi --------,
• Hello ---------,
• Dear ------------,
OPENING PARAGRAPH: react to their e-mail and ask them how they are feeling
• It’s nice / great / good to hear from you.
• It’s nice/great/good to read your e-mail.
• I’m glad to hear your news.
• I’m excited about… (your news.)
• It’s great to hear that…
• I’m sorry to hear that…
• I’m really sorry to read your news.
• Thanks a lot for writing!
• It was good to receive your e-mail.
• Thank you very much for your e-mail.
• Hope you are doing well.
• How’s it going?
• How are you (doing)?
• How are things (going)?
MAIN PARAGRAPHS: Deal with important points and information
• Let me tell you more about myself…
• I wanted to share with you…
CLOSING PARAGRAPH: Start to say goodbye. Wish them well and ask them to reply.
• Well, it’s time to say goodbye
• Anyway, I have to go now
• I really hope to hear from you soon
• I’m looking forward to hearing from you
• Make sure you write back soon
GOODBYE: An expression in which you definitely say goodbye
• Best wishes,
• Take care,
• Lots of love,
• Read you soon,
Now, write back at Joanna and let her know.
Keep up with the good work!